Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

LUSH Fresh Face Masks

A friend of mine recently introduced me to LUSH's fresh face masks. After walking into their store, I was immediately drawn to the concept of using fresh ingredients. In fact, it's so fresh that you literally have to keep the mask in the fridge for a shelve life of ~2-3 weeks. Make sure to check for the latest expiration dates on the bottom of the mask container before you buy!

I was so excited during my first visit that after chatting with one of the LUSH employee, I went ahead and bought a pot of Oatifix* per their recommendation at US$6.95 for 2.1 oz of product. You get about 4-6 use out of it depending on the amount you apply onto your face. To use - just apply the mask over your skin, leave on for 10-15 minutes, then wash it off with warm water and pat dry.

*Oatifix can be described like a bowl of mashed banana mixed with oats and ground almonds. It's suppose to be super moisturizing and great for sensitive and dry skin. That being said I unfortunately had an allergic reaction to this product. After ~5 minutes of leaving this product on my face, I started feeling this burning sensation which I then immediately rinsed off with warm water but the product left my skin with red rashes/lumps that lasted for a few hours. I had to try this mask a second time just to confirm that yes I am indeed allergic to it :( The mask does smell good (if you like banana that is) and leaves your face feel somewhat....oily but soft. It's oily in the sense that I feel like the mask left a film of wax or something.

Given my initial failed attempt - I thought I'd give LUSH another try since they do have a solid selection of masks. Instead of purchasing a full pot, I got two samples (Love Lettuce and BB Seaweed) this time. Each sample came in a tiny container and lasted for about 2 use for me. Luckily I had no reaction to either of the sample masks :)

Oatifix in full size pot and the other two in sample sizes. 
Love Lettuce is one of their more popular exfoliating mask. It contains ground almond, seaweed, honey, and french lavender oil. I do like the smell of it and it's also great for removing dead skin cells but it might be a bit too much for my face. My skin was left super soft as if a whole layer of skin was scrubbed off yet my face was super dry at the same time. I had to follow up with double the amount of my usual oil/moisturizer usage afterwards.

BB Seaweed on the other hand is most likely the one I will go for a whole pot next time. It contains ground almond for exfoliation with decent size chunk of seaweeds, mixed with aloe vera gel, honey, and olive oil. I'd say it's a good combination of what Oatifix and Love Lettuce was trying to achieve, leaving my skin feeling soft yet moist at the same time!

BB Seaweed Mask with chunks of seaweed!
That's all for now everyone! Hope you enjoyed this quick review. Let me know about the other LUSH masks that you've tried and liked! 4-6 masks for US$6.95 is not a bad deal in my book :)


No comments:

Post a Comment