Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

New Fav - Zoya Nail Polish!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry it's been a long while since my last post - life has been quite a roller coaster the past month but I'm now back on track and ready to share new things with you again :)

Today I wanted to introduce you to my latest nail polish brand addiction - Zoya! This addiction started back towards the beginning of this year when a friend of mine sent me a deal to Zoya nail polish (3 colors for US$12). Since this was my first time trying out the brand, I ended up getting 3 different color finishes including their newest PixieDust finish in Sunshine, Holographic in Storm, and Cream in Elodie.

All the colors that I chose were rated either 4 or 5 on their opaque/intensity scale and after trying on the first color, I must say I'm thoroughly impressed at how opaque the polishes are with only one coat!

The first color I had put on was PixieDust finish in Sunshine. It's a navy blue, matte finish coat with a ton of sparkles. The texture sort of reminds me of fine sandpaper. One thing to note is that since this is a matte finish - do not apply a separate shiny top coat as it will defeat the purpose of it being matte :P The polish lasted fairly well despite my weekly rock climbing routine. I dreaded removing the polish but it turned out to be one of the easiest sparkly polish to remove ever for me!



The second color that I tried on was Holographic finish in Storm. It did take ~2 coats to achieve the color I was looking for but it was holographic indeed! There was a high concentration of micro fine-diamond-like holographic glitter which paired up perfectly against the rich black base! I do like darker colors but this one looks a tad bit more interesting than just pure darkness :P


Last but not least is the Cream finish in Elodie. This one didn't quite live up to the high expectation I had after experiencing the other two colors. There was nothing wrong with the polish itself but there was nothing special either unfortunately. Similar to Storm finish, I had to put on 2 coats to achieve the opaque color that I was looking for. The color on this one is not as red as the picture shown below, instead I would describe it being more of a hot coral color with a slight tint of pink.



Overall, I'd have to say that the colors shown on their website are fairly close to what you see in real life and Zoya definitely wins on anything with sparkles! If they ever have another 3 for US$12 deal, I'd highly recommend you trying out a few of their sparkly finishes :)






No comments:

Post a Comment